Feel That Painful Punch in Your Face !
As I have less time to write full reviews, and as I know a lot of people don’t take the time to read them completely (myself included) I’ll try a new form of short review, more formatted, like a “self-interview” about the record.
How is the sound ?
Colossal Doom in the same vein as Goya with shouted vocals ala Electric Wizard. There is also a Sludge tone that makes it quite interesting to hear. Indeed, it’s not only slow-paced doomy riffs after riffs, these dudes get sometimes very angry, rising the tempo, which is so well executed to not feel like every other Doom bands.
Why is this album worth listening ?
- Because it’s a MASSIVE dose of heaviness right into your face !
- It’s not your usual Doom band.
- Each song has its own charm and is different from the others.
- It’s been a long time I didn’t feature a Doom band on More Fuzz, and when I do it means it slays !
- Widow and Children is certainly going to be one of the next big thing in the Doom scene.
In what situation you should listen to this album ?
Anytime ! But particularly when you are in masochistic mode and want to feel a painful punch in your face 🙂
Something particular to note ?
THAT SOUND AT 0:30 IN “Until I Wake” : “BOOOOOOOAARRRRRRFFFFF” !
And don’t forget “Marijuana is memory loss drug” 😉
Am I Dead ?
For Fans Of
Goya, Electric Wizard, Dopelord
If you don't know what those "Levels" mean, please visit this page.