Stone From The Sky is back with their own blend of Heavy Psych and Post Rock, get ready for an emotionally charged mind-melting trip to the abyss!
If you follow More Fuzz for a while, then you are probably already familiar with this instrumental power trio from Le Mans, France, and if you’re not, then I envy you for getting to hear it for the first time!
Stone From The Sky is a breath of fresh air in the sometimes boring-bis-repetita of the stoner scene: Heavy-Psych riffs mixed with Post-Rock atmospheres completed by inventive drumming. This is the formula of a wild trip among every high mountain and every deep sea of this world!
But it’s on stage that Stone From The Sky reveals themselves as one of the most energic bands these days, playing as if there’s no tomorrow!
We released already two of their records with More Fuzz Records, the 2018 repress of their acclaimed 2017 album “Fuck The Sun”, and its wonderful follow-up “Break A Leg” in 2019. They changed their drummer in October 2019 and took the time to integrate him properly, putting the lockdowns to good use to start to work on new material. After releasing last year “Live in La Grange”, the first recording with Simon behind the kit, they focused on their first album with him.
Recorded this Spring in the same studio as their live album, La Grange, in the peaceful countryside they’re hailing from, SFTS‘s 4th album, “Songs from the Deepwater” is to be released on November 5th with More Fuzz Records. Dwelling a bit more into the melancholic vibes we’ve all been feeling to some extent in the last year and a half, the french trio materializes emotions in sound as they’ve used us to. This album is the result of that, you’ll still find their blissful signature vibe, but with a colder and darker atmosphere this time around, well highlighted by its title, and fully connected to the present times.
We’re launching today the pre-orders, check out below the video for more info on it.
Enough talking, we’re overjoyed to present you today the first single, “City | Angst”, a melancholic ode to their hometown of Le Mans (and pretty much every other medium-small sized city around the world).
The video clip takes us through the urban jungle of Le Mans, emphasizing the love/hate relationship of the band with their town. Both the music and the video build some tension and a kind of oppressing feeling in the calm parts, that explodes here and there into furious thrusts coming from their Post-Hardcore influences. It is a perfect sum-up of the typical kind of depression such small cities, big, but not enough to be lively, leaving a bitter feeling of being stranded in an urban desert…
- Album artwork: Michaël Rahmani
- Camera & editing: Pierre Posnic
- Color Grading : Solal Boutoux
- Drone: Yann Massart
- Dance: Asma Sebaha
- Record & mix: Jordan Jupin
- Mastering: Mikey Allred
So, as stated above, we’re launching today the pre-orders for all the merch related to this amazing album.
- The vinyl edition will get a glorious pressing of 300 LPs on transparent clear purple wax, with a darker purple marble into it, housed in a beautiful gatefold cover. All of it made in France by La Manufacture De Vinyles (with whom we already worked for “Break A Leg” and “3eesus” by Beesus). We don’t have any actual result yet, so the picture featured here is a mockup but we’re confident that the end-result should be pretty close to it.
- The band also wanted to get some new swag to go with the new album, and commissioned the amazing Jo Riou (behind many covers, posters in our scene, and also the Stoner Rock Freaks Anthology cover) for a new kickass T-Shirt visual, silkscreen printed on vegan, fair-trade, organic cotton T-shirts by Polamix in Le Mans.
- And there will also be a CD pressing of 200 units.
- We’ve also decided to finally put up for sale the test presses we ordered back when we released “Break A Leg“. We wanted to offer you a very special edition for it, as there is only 20 of those and only 15 for sale, so we took the time to mature the project to be able to put out something that would meet the standards we had in mind. Now seemed like a good idea to release it, helping us to fund the pressing of SFTS’s new album, we’ll come back with more details about it in the next weeks 😉
The pre-orders are open until the release date of the album, and all items will be shipped only then, on November 5th.