When 70’s hippies goes Satan!
Review by a new contributor, please welcome Dan alias Mr. Cromlech from Sweden!
From out of the blue, Ball came rockin’ into the scene for me, a Swedish trio lead by the mysterious Syrék Ball and his 2 older brothers. Going just short of 33 minutes it’s perfect when you don’t have an hour to spend. It’s an original sound mixing some Black Sabbath riffs, some dirty 70’s sounds and a bit of spacey sounds to make you think of those good ol’ Hawkwind years.
How is the sound ?
This is an album that thrives on the great catchy riffs and right from the start “Balling” open up with a motorcycle sound then going straight into a mid-paced tempo, an instrumental affair with some guitar effects and spacey sounds and ending with a vintage pinball machine sound.
It sets the mood for “Speeding” which picks up the tempo and brings some nice 70’s riffing and ends with a great lead guitar solo. “Speeding” contains one of the best lyrics on the album, “Come down and join us, come down and join us down here, yeah I wish you would”, and it cracks a smile on me every time 🙂
“Satanas” continues with a great steady rhythm guitar and bass guitar up front, and a synth effect fitting into an old horror flick.
Next up is “Fyre Balls“, a short one with great guitar leads and some spoken words with effects to set the mood before the amazing “Fyre“.
“Fyre” got those classic Black Sabbath guitar riffs, the spacey sounds do their best and the ending just rock your socks off.
Last in line is “Galaxy 666“, fantastic main riff and heavy on the drums, spoken words with spacey effects on the vocals.
You have been taken on a trip to hell for some great Heavy Rock!
Why is this album worth listening ?
- Because it’s one hell of an awesome and fun debut album!
- Sometimes you just want to hear something new and exciting that doesn’t sound like a clone of another band, and even though you can hear some influences here and there the album as a whole have its own sound.
In what situation you should listen to this album ?
- The short duration fits well between waking up and goin’ to work.
- Right after a hard day of work when you want some fun rockin’ fuzz.
- A great way to start your party before you go heavier or further out there.
Fyre and Galaxy 666
For Fans Of
Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, Black Rainbows
If you don't know what those "Levels" mean, please visit this page.